of your room, where you know everything;
yours is the last house before the far-off:
whoever you are.
With your eyes, which in their weariness
barely free themselves from the worn-out threshold,
you lift very slowly one black tree
and place it against the sky: slender, alone.
And you have made the world. And it is huge
and like a word which grows ripe in silence.
And as your will seizes on its meaning,
tenderly your eyes let go. . . .
~ Rainer Maria Rilke ~
~ Rainer Maria Rilke ~
Thought you might be interested in this site for a poetry/photo subscription:
The above was today's offering.
(I loved the photo and am so brain dead at the moment that the poem almost just a jumble of words right now, but I think the weariness and heaviness and then the letting go images really spoke to me. I just wanted to pass it on to you with a wish:
May you all have restful sleep and joyful days.)

3 comments:
Um, wow, that's beautiful!! I will definitely check out your link. Now that we're all back from HI, lets do dinner at Volterra.
Hey Zozo! I'm hoping that you'll join the blog as an author too! I sent you an invitation a few days ago, let me know if you haven't received it and I'll send you another one. That is, if you're interested, of course
Love!
Zozo! Yes let's do dinner, i want to hear about your hawaii trip!
Post a Comment