
Ok, so I hung up this LIOS title like I would throw a wet cloth on the clothes line. I don't have a dryer any more so it is clothes line for me! I was hoping it would dry soon and we could take it down and replace it with another one. A fancier one, a funnier one, a deeper one, a more personal one... whatever, just something different.
So now the title is more than dry. In fact, it's frozen-dry! Check out the snow on the clothes pin! We need a new title!! It's urgent!!
Some ideas I can come up with are... hmmmmmmmm... hmmmmmmm... none!!!!!
I will post anything I think of in a comment following this post. I'm asking you to do the same. Let's see what we can come up with, do a little brainstorming, and then decide, ok?
Thanks ladies!!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
A change is needed
Posted by
Meiga en Alaska
at
11:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
* Tendrils of connection ? (yeah, not really mine, but I like it)
* Lives Post LIOS ?
* Web of Lives ?
* Post-graduate rockin'
Just brainstorming here... Any other ideas?
Ok i just ignore the name and look at the content, i lke the pun of "lives Post LIOS" or any old LIOS speak,?, i have difficulty remembering all those terms that were once so familure, and they seem passe now. How about "passion flower" love C.
Fingertip Hug?
Your frozen clothespin riff made me laugh! Thanks!
Eye of newt, tincture of LIOS...
I like fingertip hugs! That is very fitting as every time i get on here that is what I wish i could do is hug you all! I love the frozen clothespin.
I like Fingertip Hug as well
Anyone else? Any other ideas?
Sorry
Finger tip etc.
Is WAY too sweet for me. What if we want to express emotions/thoughts that aren’t warm and fuzzy?
C
I can't believe that my first contribution to the discussion is to assert my difference rather than JOIN, but yeah...I'm with "C"...(oh! I just realized that that must be Christine! LOL! How appropriate!). Fingertip Hug doesn't work for me. It sounds slightly naughty. But not in a good way. :) And yeah, nice point about expressing emotions that aren't huggy.
Apparently I'm not a good CCO-er, either, because I'm shooting down the suggestion without offering an alternative.
I like Lives Post LIOS...I'll keep mulling.
Christine: LOL!! VERY good point about the warm and fuzzy feelings. I think I'm with you too, even though I do like the originality of Fingertip Hug :)
Heidi: Welcome! I'm glad you're joining us too! I hope you feel comfortable here, whether it's joining, expressing your differences, or even being a very bad girl and poli-angulating (since it's impossible to just tri-angulate here, hehe). Anything goes :)
I'm so happy this is growing :)
How about:
Meanwhile, back at the farm...
Oh wait maybe its actually: "Meanwhile , back at the ranch..."
Please tell me I'm not the only person to know this phrase!
Yes, I'm a nerd.
I never heard that one before :) But, hey, what do I know about inside jokes of american culture, right? :)
Lynne, I think it can be anything:
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
Meanwhile, back at the zoo...
Meanwhile, back at the Red Lion...
but yeah, it probaby first originated in old western movies with a narrator, so "ranch" would be appropriate.
nerdily yours,
Heidi
For what it is worth.....LIOS spelled backwards is SOIL!!!
Now that is not so warm and furry...kinda messy, nurturing, foundation, growth....ooooohhhhh my values are showing!!!! ;-0
nerd check in:
Sojourn: a temporary residence
SojournaLIOS?
(Snowing here in Shoreline, this hawaii girl is thrilled! Maybe put the tree up today?!)
I like SojournaLIOS. And I like the SOIL thing, too -- messy, muddy, dirt, from which all things grow...
So at this point, things stand like this:
* Lives Post LIOS : 3 votes
*Fingertip Hug: 3 in favor and 3 against it, I guess that would add up to zero
* LIOS' SOIL (or something similar) : 2 votes
* SojournaLIOS: 2 votes
I guess I'll just change the name to Lives Post LIOS for now. It can be changed at any time if other opinions come forward :)
You have no idea how much I am enjoying this, reconnecting, reading about what is going on in your heads... Thanks for being here :)
Sounds good to me
salsa dancer in the snow
Love C
c: you're funny, girl!!!! :)
I don't get to do ANY salsa dancing in the snow! :( In fact, yesterday I watched a great documentary about Castro and the whole story of the Cuban Revolution... and I nearly cried... and it was just because of the music they played in the film! It made me wanna jump and dance!! Too bad David never took enough classes to make for a decent dance partner :)
Post a Comment