
Hi beautiful ladies:
As the title may suggest, I have been spending much time lately diving deep into the world of blogs. It's a whole universe out there! You can tell I have quite a bit of free time on my hands living out here in the Alaskan Bush in the middle of the winter.
Wandering through this universe has been and is a very interesting experience for me, on many levels. Back in the fall, I started a blog in Spanish. The intention behind this blog was to share my life in Alaska with my close friends and family members back in Spain. Believe me when I say that for them, Alaska is so far away that it could be on a different planet all together.
Little by little, my blog has trickled into other people's reading lists and I now receive many visits from people from all over the world (well, no, not really, no one from Asia or Australia has visited yet). This may sound odd to those of you that are lucky to have a busy social life, but in a way all these people that visit my blog and leave comments on it, have been keeping me company throughout the winter. The effort that I am making to see all the good things in my life and write about them, combined with their comments on my posts have helped me too recognize the best in me again. You know, sometimes we forget about how great we truly are :)
They have also been helping me too see parts of myself that I was not even aware of. For instance, I never thought of myself as a person that could write. Yes, I could put words together in a sentence and make sense, but I could never imagine that anyone could enjoy my writing. Lately, I have really been enjoying writing and what is more surprising, other people have been enjoying it too! So now I am shifting my definition of myself to include: "I can actually write and do a pretty good job at it!!" And that is pretty amazing for me, believe me. In case you didn't know, I always thought of myself as not being creative. Now, I no longer believe this of myself. Now, I believe that I am a very creative person. I really believe it. And this makes me happy.
Anyway, I recently decided to start translating my posts into English and creating a parallel universe for the English speaking side of my world. I figured that since I am in the process of redefining myself, I might as well bring together my two sides in a symbolic way and finally balance the Spanish and the American in me, the Ramos and the Morrison, the ying and the yang... you know...
If you feel like reading a little further and going for a ride on the "American side", you can visit my English-written blog. Mind you, the writing skills I am talking about are only in Spanish!!! :) I have a looooooooong way to go in English still! But hey, now that the door is open for re-defining myself, who knows what will come next :)
Sending warm hugs and kisses to all of you
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
About blogs and life
Posted by
Meiga en Alaska
at
11:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Peekaboo, I see you. Love the eye shot. Also, really appreciated the line about remembering how great you are and how easy it is to forget sometimes. I see your greatness, your creativity, your zest for life and people and your adventuring spirit. You were a perfect reflection for me as I feel like I've lost touch with what's great in my these last few months. Today I was reminded that I am light and love. Oh, yeah, that's right. And so are you my sweet friend. I am so excited to hear that you'll blog in English. I want to read your the words that symbolize your thoughts and your heart. Looking forward, looking inward and am today reminded of the light in you and in me. Cheers creative friend. Zoey
Post a Comment