Saturday, July 19, 2008



Birthday fun!

Al and I visited Oahu last month to celebrate Mom's 80th Birthday. My sisters and I put together a surprise BD dinner for her, relatives and friends were there. She was quite tickled!

This picture was taken a few days later on her real BD, that's mom, my sister Lii and my niece Taylor and yummy chocolate chiffon cake (no frosting, what's up with that?)

The vacation was so relaxing, I walked for an hour every morning before it got hot and listened to the birds, looked at all the flowers, and counted geckoes. Al and I even went to the beach a couple times which doesn't usually happen. Must be growing up a little; time there can be about us as well as Family!! How To: Break out of the Family Orbit w/o Major Emotional Trauma. :)

Mom will visit WA in a couple weeks, I'm trying to get her to come to Doe Bay for a couple days. She just smiles funny and says no.

2 comments:

H.R. Hopper said...

What a GREAT, beautiful picture, Lynne. I love it.

I miss you! Keep meaning to call you, which I will do one of these days soon.

Zozo said...

Sounds like lots o' fun! Looking forward to seeing you at Doe Bay. xoxo