Tuesday, January 29, 2008


Soothe the Savage Beast


Clean, clear, and simple
The struggle and longing fall away
As the music fills me
It is enough for now
To just flow with this note
To taste the blend of sound and silence
A gasp of sweet air
Stolen in the moment
My head rises above
The sea
Endless waves ahead
But this particular flavor
This glimpse of peace
Is mine now


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote this after hearing an old Earl Klugh song in the middle of a busy, cluttered day. You might recognize the photo taken at the EMP

Zozo said...

Cool picture and poem. The picture is discombobulating - and I can't stop looking at it :-) The poem reminds me of how I find peace in music at times. Other times, recently, I've cried with remembering a time past with longing in my heart. Antoher letting go moment.